FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
The concept is very simple. It's a timed team event - with a maximum of ten (10) riders and a minimum of three (3) - challenging the clock over a set distance. Your team leaves from a designated start point together and you ride the distance nominated by your Team Captain (all events in the series will have two (2), three (3) and four (4) lap distances to choose from). The object of the event is for your team to ride and stay together;
- If one of your team members has a mechanical, then all the other team members should stay with that rider while they fix their problem.
- If you have a ‘slower’ team member, then all team members should drop their speed, so that you all ride together.
- Each rider assists the other rider in their team, e.g. the strong riders protect the less experienced riders, but all team members have a role to play in getting to the finish line.
- Each team will depart the start line in timed intervals and be provided with a finishing time.
- When your team crosses the finish line, your last rider's time is the one that is recorded. So remember that the object is to stay together and work as a team.
Teams can enter one of following categories: Men, Women, Mixed or Family. Teams who participate are from a varied demographic. You could be a family, a bunch of mates, a ‘coffee shop’ group or a business corporate team who want to ride together. If you have people who fit in these groups and want to form a team, then this Cyclo Sportif series is for you. Anyone who holds a 2018 Cycling Australia RIDE licence or has purchased a RIDE Day Membership can enter, it is recommended that all entrants are physically fit enough to complete the relevant distance (2 laps, 3 laps, 4 laps), taking into account the difficulty of the course (please note, teams will ride 4 different courses throughout the series).
You must be born from 1 January 2007, or older to enter the event.
- As per Cycling Australia's Junior Cycling Policy, there are limitations to how far juniors can ride in CSA events.
- U13 Riders can participate in rides up to 30km
- U15 Riders can participate in rides up to 45km
- All juniors must have appropriate levels of supervision. For U13 riders (2006, 2007 Birth Year) there needs to be at least one adult per two juniors. For U15 & U17 Riders there need to be 2:5 adult to junior riders.
Yes, if you wish to participate in the 2018 Cyclo Sportif Series, you must register for one of Cycling Australia’s great RIDE membership options to keep you covered with their 24/7 cycling specific insurance. You can find out more about membership here www.membership.cycling.org.au/
- Purchase a RIDE Day Membership online through the Cycling Australia website : www.membership.cycling.org.au
- Purchase a RIDE Day Membership when you register for a Cyclosportif event using the 'Non Member' option
- On the day, purchase a RIDE Day Membership from the registration/sign on area
- RIDE Day Membership : $11.50
- Annual Adult (19-64) : from $99
- Annual Senior (65+) : from $74
- Junior (13-18) : from $66
Each rider will need to register separately through the sign up portal. During the sign up you will be asked the name of your team. This is very important as this will be how our system will put together the teams.
Online entries will close at 11.59pm the Wednesday before an event.
Yes, you can enter on the day at a higher entry fee (+$5). It is preferable you enter your team/team members online prior to the event date.
Bicycles used must be in a roadworthy condition, and Australian Standards AS/NZ 2063 helmets must be worn at all times when riding.
No, teams will be set off in teams at different intervals i.e. 1 minute intervals. Confirmation of start times will be sent to Team Captains prior once registrations have closed before a round.
No, Team Captains are to nominate their distance (2 laps, 3 laps, 4 laps) prior to each round.